Mobile Home Insurance
Mobile Home Insurance Information
Mobile Home Insurance in Oklahoma
Serving Weatherford, Hydro, Clinton, Hinton, and surrounding areas.
What is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile Home Insurance, also called Manufactured Home Insurance, is a policy designed to provide financial protection in the case of damage or injury to the physical structure of the mobile home, the contents inside, and the liability to others as the owner of the mobile home.
Why is Mobile Home Insurance different than Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners Insurance policies are not written to provide coverage that includes the additional risks that mobile homes are exposed to due to their design and/or location. This means mobile homes require a special insurance policy that encompasses all areas of risk.
Some examples of these risks are:
· Pipes and wires that run under the mobile home are more likely to freeze in the winter or be damaged because they are more exposed to the elements and wildlife if not properly protected.
· Mobile homes are not as sturdy against fire and can catch easier than traditional homes.
· Severe weather, such as high winds, hail, and tornados are more likely to cause greater damage to mobile homes.
· Because mobile homes can be transported from one place to another, there is a risk of a collision occurring while they are in transit.
What does Mobile Home Insurance cover?
There are four main areas of coverage in a mobile home policy. There are other coverages that can be added, so be sure to ask your insurance agent about other options that might benefit you.
· Dwelling: covers the physical structure of the mobile home
· Contents: protects the furniture, appliances, and other personal belongings that are stored inside the mobile home
· Liability: will help pay for medical bills or legal costs of incidents where you are being held responsible for damage or injury to someone else's property or person
· Trip Collision: provides protection when the mobile home is in transit from one location to another
Other types of mobile home insurance policies that are available are for when mobile homes are being used as rental property. Tenant, or Renter’s Insurance is to protect the occupant of the property with coverage of their personal belongings as well as their liability to others. Landlord Insurance is the owner of the property’s responsibility to protect the structure of the mobile home and their liability to the tenant. If you have more questions or think a tenant or landlord policy would be a good fit for you, give us a call at 580-772-7101 and we are happy to help!
Are you ready for a Mobile Home Insurance Quote? Give us a call or click here to fill out an online quote request form!
Additional Resources for Personal Insurance:
Check out the links below to learn more about each of these coverages!
Classic Auto Insurance
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance
Personal Umbrella Insurance