The Magill Agency has partnered with The Hartford to help protect your investment in valuable horses and cattle. We are excited to offer coverage at a competitive rate. We offer AGREED VALUE, which means each covered animal's value is established by agreement between you and The Hartford prior to the policy issuance. Let the livestock professionals at Magill Insurance help you today.
- FULL MORTALITY
- This policy covers against loss by death from causes including sickness, disease, accident, or injury occurring within the term of the policy. Theft coverage is included under the basic mortality policy, at no additional charge. Emergency Colic Surgery Expense Coverage is included on all Horse Mortality policies, at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. This provides coverage for UP TO $3,000 for the covered expenses of colic surgery, associated post-operative care, and third-party emergency transportation.
- DETERMINING VALUE
- As a general rule, the maximum amount of insurance allowable is the purchase price. We will take into account appreciation in value resulting from prize winnings, performance, or value of offspring sold; however, sentimental, speculative, or replacement values or profits cannot be taken into consideration. If you wish to increase the insurance on an animal, the request must be accompanied by a Substantiation Of Value Form substantiating the reason for the increased value.
In general, animals that are “home raised” will be limited to three (3) times the stud fee paid. Offers to purchase, unless accepted, do not necessarily constitute value
- MAJOR MEDICAL BASIC EXPENSE COVERAGE LIMITED
- Major Medical Basic Expense Coverage - $$$$ may apply to horses aged 30 days or older. It covers up to $$$$ of basic veterinary medical and surgical expenses associated with a covered animal if such expenses are a result of a covered accident, injury, sickness, or disease. Harvested tissue procedures, i.e. – Stem Cell, IRAP, PRP, etc. are not covered. The deductible is $$$ per claim.
- MAJOR MEDICAL EXPENSE COVERAGE FULL
- Major Medical Expense Coverage - $$$$ may apply to horses aged between 30 days and 18 years. It covers up to $$$$ of veterinary medical and surgical expenses associated with a covered animal if such expenses are a result of a covered accident, injury, sickness, or disease. Coverage for harvested tissue procedures, i.e. – Stem Cell, IRAP, PRP, etc. is covered per sub-limit amount.
* No routine care or alternative treatments are covered.
* See the chart below for limits, deductibles & premium.
- LOSS OF USE
- Loss of Use Coverage pays up to 60% of the horse’s mortality limit of insurance if the horse becomes unfit for its first Use specified in the policy due to a covered accident, injury, sickness, or disease. A Vet Exam with X-rays is required.
- LOSS OF USE - LIMITED
- Loss of Use – Limited Coverage pays up to 60% of the horse’s mortality limit of insurance if the horse becomes unfit for its first Use specified in the policy due to a covered accident or injury. No vet exam required.
- ACCIDENT, SICKNESS, AND DISEASE (Stallion Infertility)
- Accident, Sickness, and Disease Coverage may apply to stallions. It pays the stallion’s mortality limit of insurance if the stallion becomes incapable of servicing mares due to covered infertility, impotence, accident, injury, sickness, or disease. Vet and Fertility Exam required.
IN THE EVENT OF DEATH
In the event of ANY Sickness, Disease, Lameness, Injury or Death of an insured animal immediately notify your veterinarian and The Hartford 800-295-1815 or after hours at 800-427-4876 (answering service).
IN THE EVENT OF DEATH YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Provide a bill of sale, cleared check or the like, to validate the purchase prices stated on the application.
- Arrange and Provide at YOUR EXPENSE an autopsy of deceased animal along with the loss forms provided by The Hartford.
- In the event of theft you should immediately notify the proper authorities.