General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Information
General Liability Insurance in Oklahoma
Serving Weatherford, Hydro, Clinton, Hinton, and surrounding areas.
What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability (GL) Insurance is an insurance policy that provides protection in the event of a bodily injury, property damage, or a lawsuit in which your business or company is being held responsible financially. General Liability Insurance can prevent a legal suit from being a disaster for your company by providing financial assistance in the event that your business is being held legally responsible. If your business is responsible for an accident, it can be expensive, so having general liability insurance for your company is extremely important.
What does General Liability Insurance cover?
As mentioned above, General Liability Insurance pays losses that occur from bodily injury, property damage, or personal injury on your business premises or that are a result of your operations. There are some additional coverages that might be included in your policy or may be able to be added on for extra protection.
General Liability usually provides the following coverages:
· Bodily Injury – cost of medical care, loss of services, and death restitution for spouses or dependents
· Property Damage – physical damage to property of others or loss of use of property of others
· Products – Completed Operations provides liability protection in an injury were ever to be the result of something your company made or a service your company provided.
· Product Liability – this is a more specialized coverage for protection for your company against a lawsuit that arises from a product related injury or accident.
· Contractual Liability – this coverage extends to liability you assume when you enter into a variety of different contracts.
· Other types of liability insurance that may be included or could be added on are: Reasonable Use of Force, Borrowed Equipment, Liquor Liability, Non-Owned Vehicles (including aircraft and watercraft), Fire, Lightning or Explosion Damage, Water Damage, Legal Defense Costs, Medical Payments, Personal Injury, and Specialized Liability that is specific to unique business types.
Things to Consider about General Liability Insurance:
More often than not, General Liability will be included with your Business Owners Insurance Policy and will not need to be purchased as its own policy. There are some instances that require just a GL policy though, so be sure to ask us what coverages we recommend for your business! For more information about Business Owners Policies, click here to visit our page about them!
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there is usually an exclusion for any business related liability. Make sure you have the proper liability coverage if you have a business or company.
Are you ready for a quote or do you have questions about General Liability Insurance? Give us a call at 580-772-7101 or click here to fill out an online quote request form to get started on a quote today!
Additional Resources for Commercial Insurance:
Check out these links below to learn more about each coverage!
Business Auto Insurance
Business Owners Insurance
Workers Compensation Insurance
Commercial Umbrella Insurance
Updated July 2021