You don't need to practice Zen Buddhism in order to recognize the wisdom in some of its tenets. In fact, with a little modification, many of the principles of Buddhism can even apply to your insurance planning.
1. Be mindful. In order to get the right insurance coverage, one must be mindful of the risks they face and the assets they wish to protect.
2. Respect property. When one has the proper respect for his property, he will not only appreciate its value and its need for insurance protection, but he will also take care of it and guard it against damage, thereby securing discounts on insurance.
3. Be conscious. Being conscious of changes in circumstance that necessitate adjustments in insurance will not only help one’s coverage grow in relation to her property value but will also help her remain protected as new risks pop up.
4. Be honest. When applying for any kind of insurance, one should be honest when completing the application as well as when completing any claim documents.
5. Take proper care. Having insurance is not an excuse to act irresponsibly. One must continue to be mindful of his circumstances and surroundings. This includes driving with consideration and creating a safe environment at his home for visitors. Not only will this help him avoid any kind of liability claim, but it could also result in insurance discounts.
The key to sound insurance planning is to understand that insurance is a dynamic, customizable product that helps preserve your finances and future financial goals. When you think of insurance only as a piece of paper you’ve been required to obtain, you miss out on all of the great planning opportunities available to you.
We would love to work with you and help you build a stronger Oklahoma insurance portfolio that is created as a result of being mindful and conscious and has discounts due to the level of respect and care you show to your property and other individuals. Give us a call at Magill Insurance Agency today to get started.